Learn the ways of magic and healing from the living, oral tradition of Appalachian Conjure in The Candle and the Crossroads. Orion Foxwood offers a primer on the real magic and techniques of Southern root magic, the knowledge he learned firsthand growing up in rural Appalachia.
Foxwood explains magical techniques including:
- Spirit Sight
- Working by the Signs (the ability to synchronize work such as farming, fertility of humans and animals, orcharding)
- Faith Healing
- Settling the Light (candle magic)
- Doctoring the Root (the ability to use herbs, roots, stones, or animal parts bones, claws, fur, etc. for magic or the clearing, cleansing, and blessing of the spirit of a person, also known as his or her root)
- Praying or Dreaming True (Blessings of spirit/God to a person, place, or thing as well as prophetic or predictive dreaming)
- Blessing or Cursing
The Candle and the Crossroads shows how to create magic in today's world with the old ways and traditions of Appalachia.
About the Author
Orion Foxwood was born with a second sight in the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia, an area rife with the folk practices of the southern and Appalachian traditions. He lectures in across the United States and the U.K.
- Publisher : Weiser Books; First Edition (December 1, 2012)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 256 pages