Have you ever wanted to help people heal? Perhaps you would like to help people with spiritual and mental problems as well as physical ailments. You may think that to do this would require years of study, but the truth is you can quickly learn how to use scents to enhance healing with Aromatherapy: A Holistic Guide by Ann Berwick.
Trained at the London School of Aromatherapy, Ms. Berwick clearly shows you everything you need to know to add the science of healing with aromatics to your life. This book reveals:
- Where the life force of the plant exists
- How essential oils are extracted from a plant
- What to look for when buying essential oils (and what to avoid!)
- Methods of using essential oils in aromatherapy
- How to interview a client who wants to use aromatherapy in healing
- The twenty-four essential oils you must have, including when to use them, how to blend them with other oils, and how to administer them in treatment.
For example, you'll learn that cypress is good as a deodorant, to restore the nervous system, and more. It is good for any condition involving excess body fluids such as excessive perspiration and bleeding gums. It blends well with juniper, lavender, pine, and sandalwood. If you are treating a circulatory system problem, use it in baths and massage. For respiratory problems use it in chest rubs, inhalations, and compresses.
With comprehensive information on twenty-four essential oils and step-by-step instructions on how to mix and use them, this book can become your personal guide to alternative healing.
- Publisher : Llewellyn Publications; 1st edition (January 1, 1994)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 224 pages
No matter what spiritual system you practice, you will find that aromatherapy is a safe and powerful addition to other healing techniques.